Sunday, August 30, 2009

Macaroons, Fish, Chips...Well Europe I guess?



Oh my goodness. Ah today-good. Ruthie's birthday party was tonight and it was just fabulous. I really love these guys. Malinda made the best macaroons. Seriously delicious. If I had a picture I would post them, but I did tell Mal that I would post a pic of one of the greatest dessert eating experiences I have ever had. Laduree. Paris. Just me. Here is their website. This is for the one I went to. The site is in French, but basically they started in 1862, serious, when Paris was well let's just saying going through a "nouveau visage" or a face lift. My obsession with them started when I lived in Paris. I could never get anyone to go with me( I'll be honest these little guys are pretty pricey.). So finally on one of my trips back I said the heck with this I'm gonna just go by myself. So I had a great cup of coffee some macaroons and just watched all the old parisian women talk so politely and sip their own cups. It was kinda raining outside. The experience I will remember I think forever. Here's a picture of my plate afterwards. Yum.
So I've been having a lot of conversations about Europe lately and I'm not sure why, but I just love love love talking about traveling. So the next few posts will probably include some travel tips and let's call it some European fun.

Today I'm also really thankful for honest friends. I have some of the best one's around. I feel really loved. There is a trust there that really can only be explained when the Lord has nurtured a relationship.

Finally, since this is a great deal about food- my friend Nicole invited me over the other night for fish and chips. I thought duh? Fish-good. Chips-good. Beer-good. Company-good. So in the fashion that sometimes happens, Nicole bought the "stuff" (fish, chips, beer) and when cooking time came in, well Jonathan got his hands on it. People- it's amazing. I am really blessed to have friends who can cook so good. So instead of cod, we used catfish. Fantastic. It was beer-battered then deep fried. Jonathan made this incredible sauce, as the usual, we ate and I have never bought anything so good. Now my clothes do still smell like fried food, but I highly recommend either trying this out or getting to know Jonathan.

No comments:

Post a Comment