Thursday, August 13, 2009

Friends new and old


So I mentioned being really thankful for friends and if you are like me...I LOVE seeing pictures on people's blogs. So here are few of my most favorite people. A few.

This is Sarah. We rode the bus together in middle school and since a we were graciously selected to be on the "late bus" we sat around in the caf about an hour after school let out. We became pretty tight. We kinda lost touch when we enter the big pivotal years of high school, but low and behold 10th grade career fair. I was clearly overwhelmed or maybe underwhelmed I am now realizing and was sitting on the floor of the library. Sarah came over and plopped down beside me. "I think we could be best friends" - Sarah's words to me. And from there we were pretty inseparable. I love her dearly. She has always welcomed me with hospitablity.
This is Erin. Our first encounter, well let's just say it wasn't the best. Back of a 15-passenger van. I was 20, Erin was 19- She thought I hated her and I thought she was some rude girl from Texas. She probably remembers the details better than I do. That's pretty normal. Some of the best memories...Erin and I decided to run during one of our summers. Every morning during camp. Like 5 o'clock in the a.m. Crazy we were, but it was a lot of fun. New York- we picked out her outfit for her first date with Ben. Super big deal! I love her dearly. She has loved me through it all.

This is Meredith. From the beginning I knew the Lord had placed Meredith in my life intentionally. She was in the classroom right across the hall. I was getting my room ready a few days before school and I saw that there were a few people across the hall. Jonathan, Meredith's boyfriend at the time, was unstacking all the desks and helping her just get things ready. I remember after our first week we both sat down in some desks in my room after a very long Friday and couldn't believe we had made it. She has loved me in a way only the Lord could. She knows all my faults. Has spoken truth into my life in love and has opened her family up to me. I love her with all my heart. I love her children. I can't really express how the Lord has used this friend in my life, but my heart resounds with thanksgiving for Meredith.
Karra. If this was anybody else they would kill me for putting up this picture- but it's Karra and that is only one of the reasons I love her. She is my oldest friend. Karra and I met when we were 4 years old, growing up in Montgomery. We were roommates at Auburn, have traveled Europe together, and to be honest I'm not sure if I could have done this with many other people. I was in the room when her second girl, Sarah Elizabeth, was born. Her home is like my second home. I feel safe and loved there. I can always count on her home to be a place of refuge and relaxation. We've been through a lot together and needless to say she knows a great deal about me.
Katie Moon. Been friends for a really long time. Some of the funniest memories are our beach trip or when she sat through every baseball game my senior year in high school so I could watch my boyfriend sit on the bench. That's commitment people. She makes me laugh and I am so thankful for that. She is super talented. I'm sure you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment