Monday, August 10, 2009

Music and Hamburgers

First of all, do you remember Ben Fold Five's song "Brick"? Its really a great song. Ok- right, super sad, but really really good. Which leads me to some of my thankfuls for today. Good music. I love discovering new music and just remember good stuff. Today, I feel like people have lost all desire to be creative and mostly true and honest. You know what I mean? I mean yes- people can be well shocking, but mixing lyrics to coincide with crecendos and rhythm. Its great. A few songs I would encourage checking out right now:
1. "Poison and Wine" by the Civil Wars http://www.myspace.com/thecivilwars
2. "Sex and ReRuns" by Matt Duke http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3wqxJznmaA
( a little note about this one- the lyrics are fantastically honest. Its just really good.I could say a lot about this song- but that's another post and it might really be.)

Movin on- I am thankful for a quick easy awesome hamburger. Five Guys has one of the best burgers I've ever had. Its just superb. I go with the "little chesseburger". Nothing else needs to be said except if you go- INVITE ME. Gracious if you haven't been- go.

Finally, I'm glad for the Lord's faithful hand. He never gives up and his truth is really so much better than anything else. There just really isn't any argument here. Its just fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment