Sunday, August 23, 2009

Exciting faithfulness

Right now I am so thankful that the Lord has protected me from bitterness. I have seen it quietly go in, without notice even, and tear people's lives apart. Maybe it tore mine apart for a while but the Lord has freed me from it. And I in no way could ever think that I have kept myself from this creeping monster. The sovereign Lord has done this, for his glory I can only imagine.
I hate this for people- bitterness. It's like they don't even notice its there really. I mean I guess I didn't really know it was there until it was too late, and I had let it quench my soul. It is something though that must be constantly prayed against. I have to boldly go before the throne and ask the Father for continued strength and wisdom. It is NO lie that the enemy comes to kill steal and destroy- it is so true. If only we could grasp how much he, the clever cunning one, desires to lure us away with momentary treats and temporary thrills. If only we could see this sooner, but the mighty God has a plan even in satan's scheming. Nothing is out of the Father's hand. Nothing.
So even though these past few days have been tough there is so much to rejoice in. He alone is faithful and all good things come from him. His faithfulness excites me-truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment