Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jane Austen. Today I am thankful for Jane. Watched "Persuasion" tonight and it was great. Really great. I was almost knocked on my you-know-what because of the character of the leading man. For those of you that don't know- he resolves himself to marry someone he does not have feelings for because "inadvertently" he has led her on. He realizes he would not be able to stand the thought of taking someone's heart to a place where it was not intended and so he decides his duty is to ask for her hand in marriage. Now I am not saying that I wished every guy who led me on had asked for my hand, but he probably should have and don't you think it would make us think a lot harder about flirting and our own intentions if these were the standards we were held to? I love it. There's a lot to get from this and when I have more time...well you know.

Candles. I stopped by Yucatan, behind the summit. They make their own candles. The big ones are $9 and they will refil them for $5. The scents are incredible. I mean seriously good. There is something a great candle does to a room. Just love it. Olive Blossom is fantastic. They have smaller ones you can buy as well that are $5. The big ones should last up to 60 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment