Saturday, August 15, 2009

Auburn Football...that's right, I said it.

Saturdays-How can you not be thankful for Saturdays? I really love them in the fall and yes I am going to say it-FOOTBALL!!! I can't wait. Things are pretty different this year, we have a new coach and I'm just not really sure about the quarterback. To say I'm nervous, well that's silly. I love to watch the game. I love the crowds. I love the traditions. I've been going to Auburn football games since, well since before I could remember. When we first started going you could tailgate wherever your little heart desired. Then Big Brother took over and for heaven's sake you have to park ten miles away take the TigerTransit in to the stadium. I don't know its just gotten sort of ridiculous, but this is not the place for that. Not gonna do it folks, not gonna get mad.
I'm so thankful my alma mater is full of rich traditions, culture. Here are a few:
1. Tiger- no not really a tiger but our eagle.
2. Tailgaiting before and after the game! The relaxed way.
3. War.......Eagle. Hey!
4. Wearing Orange
5. Rollin Toomer's Corner

And I think herein lies the problem, I am so familiar with my Auburn culture that I can't tell you all the things we do. Well here's to you AU. I love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment