Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Photography....Photography...

So I was sitting around today and looking at some friend's engagement photographs and I thought...I should write about photography. Plain and simple. That is how this post came about. Ok. So now you know.

I am constantly surrounded by incredibly gifted photographers and I check out their stuff from time to time. At this point in my life all I have for photography is a natural liking and interest. Let's add on top of that an amazing amount of appreciation. So many details go in to this particular art. Here is what I've noticed about good photographers. First and foremost- (some of them might hate me for this) they are excellent with people. You can't really show an incredible side of life if its all freaked out, nervous, jittery, and self-editing. These artist have to be people who make others feel at ease, or else they just shoot food, nature and architecture I guess. I think you can know all there is to know about lighting and it not be enough because you weird people out to the point that all your pictures turn out terrible. So that's one thing I know for sure about photography.

The second is lighting. Oh MY GOODNESS. Lighting is essential. I mean I know people say that all the time, but you guys...I'm here to tell you it is true. Bad lighting= not good. Great lighting= excellent show stopping pictures. Now here's what I think, since you are reading this we will assume you care, good lighting you might not notice, but bad lighting, oh bad lighting you will for sure! It can be just the smallest little change that makes the biggest difference.

I'll add more to this later, but a recommendation of mine is befriend a photographer. They are excellent people to keep company with! They tend to be quite passionate about their art and will gladly explain their learnings/findings.

No comments:

Post a Comment